Age gracefully, they say, but seldom do we consider the importance of oral health in the aging process. Bridlewood, a vibrant community in Calgary, recognizes the specific dental needs of its seniors. At the forefront of this understanding is www.bridlewooddentalclinic.ca, which caters to the nuanced requirements of geriatric dentistry.
Why Geriatric Dentistry is Unique
As we age, our bodies undergo numerous changes, and our oral health is no exception. Geriatric patients often face:
- Receding Gums: Age and certain medications can cause gum recession, exposing root surfaces.
- Dry Mouth: A common side effect of numerous medications, dry mouth can increase the risk of cavities.
- Tooth Wear: Years of grinding, chewing, and biting can wear down teeth.
The Comprehensive Approach at Bridlewood Dental Clinic
www.bridlewooddentalclinic.ca offers an approach that is both compassionate and holistic:
- Regular Screenings: Frequent oral screenings can catch early signs of oral cancer, a disease whose risk increases with age.
- Restorative Dentistry: From dental implants to dentures, the clinic offers a range of solutions to restore the functionality and aesthetics of seniors’ smiles.
- Oral Health Education: Equipping the elderly with knowledge about their unique oral health challenges and care routines.
Tips for Maintaining Oral Health in Senior Years
- Stay Hydrated: Combat dry mouth by sipping water throughout the day and using saliva substitutes if recommended.
- Gentle Brushing: As gums recede, root surfaces become exposed. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent further damage.
- Regular Dental Visits: Regular check-ups at www.bridlewooddentalclinic.ca can preempt many potential issues.
Celebrating Age with a Healthy Smile
In the golden years, life should be enjoyed with a confident and healthy smile. Bridlewood’s senior community is fortunate to have specialized dental care right at their doorstep, ensuring that age is indeed just a number.